Math notes with Photoshop ('s actions)
We were given about 300 math exercises, divided by weekly lectures into several PDF’s documents - each contain from about 10 to 30 exercises, separated with just small whitespace between them. PDFs are produced from LaTeX, but I do not have access to source files.
To utilize note taking, separate each exercise to its own A4-sized document.
Use semi-automated tools, which I’m comfortable using.
- Open PDF in Photoshop
- Choose which page of document to open (Set Crop to: Media box)
- Add white background and flatten layers (Required due to variable width of exercises)
- Select exercise with marquee tool
- Copy merged content to clipboard
- Create new document with size of content in clipboard
- Make new layer from background image (Required for proper alignment)
- Enlarge Canvas size to A4
- Align layer with exercise (top, center, add little top margin)
- Make new layer for notes
- Save document with filename corresponding to exercise number
Step 2 and steps 5-10 are very convenient for automating with Photoshop actions
Now comes the fun part - solve the exercises :))
I would recommend using normal brush tool, ideally with (Wacom) tablet and pressure-sensitive pen.
#1f77b4 #ff7f0e #2ca02c #d62728 #9467bd #8c564b #e377c2 #7f7f7f #bcbd22 #17becf